At encyclopedia.com, you get free access to nearly 200,000 reference entries from sources you can cite.
Access to full text, peer reviewed articles.
DIRECTORY OF OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
Open access journals, information searches for quality, peer reviewed open access material.
Free reference site for students, teachers, and parents. A broad range of content includes an encyclopedia, dictionary, thesaurus, atlas, a homework center, and educational games.
Google Scholar includes articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites.
Parents, teachers and librarians turn to infoplease.com for factual information on an array of topics, including current events, pop culture, science, government and history.
Each controversial issue contains collections of questions about the issue. After an introductory overview, the topic is then broken into subcategories and sub questions which are organized into “pro” and “con” columns. The columns list the quoted arguments of different experts on that particular subject.
- WORLDCAT Connects you to the collections and services of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide
Computer & Other Tutorials
- GFC Learn http://www.gcflearnfree.org
- Khan Academy http://www.khanacademy.org
- Techboomers http://www.techboomers.com
- Consumer Research http://www.consumersearch.comUnbiased product information and reviews
- Green Info http://www.greeninfoonline.com
GreenFILE covers the connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology. This free research database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 850,000 records and open access full text for nearly 13,000 records.
CIA FACTBOOK https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook
State Symbols https://statesymbolsusa.org
Information on state and national symbols and icons, cities, towns, parks, landmarks, local historic markers, and historic and iconic figures.
UNICEF Country Information
- MedlinePlus https://medlineplus.govMedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health’s Web site for patients and their families and friends. Information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand.
Providing credible health information, WebMD is the leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information.
- DRIVERS ED http://driving-tests.org/illinoisCurrent practice test for Illinois drivers.
Constitution Study Guide
- CONSTITUTION STUDY GUIDE https://sites.google.com/site/constitutionstudyguideThe website presents information about the Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution, the Illinois Constitution, and the U.S. flag. The GED Constitution test includes questions about all of these documents.