- Current Events
- All In One: Fun and Educational
- Arts and Crafts
- Familiar Faces: Characters from Books and TV
- Reading and Writing Online
- Homework Help
Fun Brain –Test your current events knowledge in the Brain Bowl, a weekly current events game.
National Geographic News for Kids – National Geographic provides interesting news articles from around the world.
Time for Kids –It’s a magazine, it’s a website, it’s more.
All In One: Fun and Educational
- Kidspace @ Internet Public Library –This is a great one-stop website. Play games, get recommended reading lists, ask
homework questions, fun and educational resources for kids of all ages.
- Great Websites for Kids – Compiled by the American Library Association, topics include animals,
the arts, history and biography, literature and languages, mathematics and computers, reference desk, sciences and social sciences.
- AdaptedMind – K-6 curriculum is research-based, common core aligned, and comprehensive – with over 300,000 math problems and explanations.
But even better, students will feel like they’re playing a game.
Arts and Craft
- Family Fun –Great ideas for crafts, games, recipes and a whole lot more.
- Crayola –Daily activity sheets and coloring pages by the makers of Crayola crayons!
- Cyberkids –Explore the creative world of Cyberkids.
- Web Museum –An index of artists.
Familiar Faces: Characters from Books and TVs
- The Disney Homepage –Everything Disney – games, stories, Disney theme parks, movie clips, etc.
- Scholastic for Kids –Check out all your favorite characters and play games.
- Seussville –Dr. Seuss’s playground in cyberspace
- Star Wars –The official site
Reading and Writing Online
- Bookflix – In Library Use
- Wacky Web Tales – Stories on the Internet for kids.
- Yak’s Corner –America’s coolest magazine for kids.
- Storyline Online – Select picture books read by well-known personalities.
- Kids Health – Presents information about health in a fun manner.
- Science Kids – Learn interesting trivia and information about a wide range of science topics with our fun science
facts for kids.
- 50 States –All kinds of information about the states including flags, maps, history, weather and much more.
- A+ Guide to Research Papers –Do an A+ job writing a research paper without going totally nuts!
- AAA Math –This website has hundreds of pages of basic math skills and also interactive practice on every page for every topic.
- Xtra Math –Helps kids master basic math facts. A free web program for students, teacher, parents.
- Biography.com –Over 25,000 biographies online.
- Distinguished Women of Past and Present –Biographies of many distinguished women.
- Encyclopedia Mythica –An encyclopedia of mythology, folklore and legends.
- Internet Public Library Youth Division –Get information you can trust. Categories include: Reference, Health and Nutrition, Art and Music,
Our World, Reading Zone, Sports and Recreation, Computer and Internet, Math and Science,and Fun Stuff. You and also submit a question to a real librarian!
- KidsClick! _Web search for kids by librarians
- Pink Monkey – You do have to register, but it’s free and very worth your time. 1,800 classic books online, cliff-notes for thousands of books, SAT and NY State Regents prep tests, plus lots more.
- Religion – Yahoo Faith and Practice –Information on many religions
- Science Fair Project Resource Guide – Links to science experiment sites