WHO WE ARE
The University Park Public Library is located at 1100 Blackhawk Dr. in University Park, Illinois. We serve the community of University Park. We provide service to all residents living within our district boundaries. Individuals seeking service outside library district boundaries can do so for a fee as stated in our library policy.
“The mission of the Library is to open doors to a world of information, education and recreation, thereby enhancing the economic, social and cultural vitality of our community.”
Freedom of Information
In accordance with the general Provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/), the University Park Public Library District provides the following procedures for requesting information and records available to the public.
- Please make your request for records in writing. The University Park Public Library District does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose. You may submit your written request by mail, fax or e-mail. Please direct your request to:
FOIA Officer: Tracy Ducksworth University Park Public Library District 1100 Blackhawk Drive,
University Park, IL 60484
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. If you wish to ask questions of a representative of the University Park Public Library District, you may call the library at 708-534-2580 to be directed to the FOIA Officer.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
- There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a .10-cent-per-page charge.
- Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.
Certain types of information maintained by the library are exempt from inspection and copying. However, the following types or categories of records are maintained under our control:
- Monthly Financial Statements B. Annual Receipts and Disbursements Reports C. Budget and Appropriation Ordinances D. Levy Ordinances E. Operating Budgets F. Annual Audits G. Minutes of the Board of Library Trustees H. Library Policies, including Materials Selection I. Annual Reports to the Illinois State Library